Chocolate and coffee are both my favorite. This mocha chiffon cake is not a new recipe. It’s just my chocolate chiffon cake recipe with some espresso powder added. The cake was baked in a square cake pan and then made into bite-sized snacks. I stored them in an air-tight container and would snack on
one a few whenever I passed by the kitchen. They would be gone in one day.
朱古力 + 咖啡 = 賣飛佛…其實這個莫卡雪芳蛋糕並非什麼新食譜, EC只是在朱古力雪芳蛋糕的食譜內添加了咖啡粉和轉用正方形烤盤而矣. 將蛋糕切成小小的正方形或三角形, 吃起上來特别方便. 切好後把蛋糕放在小盒子中, 口痕便吃
Mocha Chiffon Cake (made with reduced sugar, the lazy way)
A. For the yolk mixture 蛋黃楜
Cake flour 低筋麵粉 40 g
Unsweetened cocoa powder 無糖朱古力粉 25 g
Instant espresso powder 即溶特濃咖啡粉 1 tsp
Corn Starch 粟粉 10 g
Granulated sugar 砂糖 10 g
Egg yolks, large 蛋黃(大蛋) 4
Milk 牛奶 55 g
Canola oil or vegetable oil 芥花籽油或菜油 50 g
Vanilla bean paste 香草醬 1/2 tsp
B. For the meringue 蛋白霜
Egg whites, large 蛋白(大蛋) 4
Granulated sugar 砂糖 55 g
Cream of tartar 他他粉 1/2 tsp
- Separate egg whites and egg yolks (it’s easier to do it when the eggs are cold) about half an hour before you start. Line bottom of an 8-inch square cake pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 325ºF/160ºC.
預先(約半小時前)分開蛋白和蛋黃(凍蛋較易分開). 八吋正方形烤模底部放牛油紙. 焗爐預熱至325ºF/160ºC.
- To make the yolk mixture: sift together the cake flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, cornstarch, espresso powder and sugar into a mixing bowl. Mix well and make a well in the centre.
This is how I weight my dry ingredients. Place both strainer and mixing bowl on the scale, turn it on, then directly measure by adding each ingredients to the bowl.
做蛋黃糊：將低筋麵粉、無糖朱古力粉、粟粉、咖啡粉及糖過篩, 放入鋼盆混合. 將粉往周圍撥成粉牆狀
- Add oil, milk, egg yolks, and vanilla bean paste to the well and whisk gently until combined.
- To make the meringue, wipe the mixer bowl and wire beater with paper towel and vinegar or lemon juice to remove traces of grease. Whip egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar (to stabilize the meringue) and continue to beat egg white until soft peaks forms. Then slowly add sugar in batches and continue beating until glossy and firm peaks form. When you lift up the whisk, the peak will hold it’s shape but the tip will fall back slightly.
用打蛋器將蛋白打至起粗泡, 加入他他粉繼續打至泡泡變細密, 分次加糖打至蛋白霜拉起時呈尖長而末端僅小小下垂狀(接近乾性發泡)
- Mixing: scoop about one third of the meringue into the yolk mixture and mix well to lighten. Then pour this back to the remaining meringue. Fold gently and thoroughly so you don’t deflate the meringue until you see no streaks of white.
混合：將三分一蛋白霜混入蛋黃糊中充份拌勻, 再倒回蛋白霜鋼盆中輕手以切拌方法混合至麵糊成均一顔色. 盡量輕手並快手完成混合以免蛋白霜消泡.
- Pour batter into the cake pan. Tap pan against the kitchen counter several times to get rid of any large air bubbles. Smooth top with an offset spatula.
麵糊倒入烤模中, 將烤模住桌上輕敲幾下敲出較大的氣泡, 用刮刀抹平麵糊表面.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until cake is done or a skewer inserted in the center of cake comes out clean. Drop cake pan on the kitchen counter at a distance upon removal from the oven. This will release any gas trapped in the cake cells and make shrinkage more uniform. Invert pan and cool on a cooling rack. Once cooled, remove the chiffon cake by running a palette knife against the sides of the pan. Trim the edges with a bread knife and cut cake into smaller pieces.
放入焗爐焗20至25分鐘至熟或竹簽插入蛋糕中心取出後不沾麵糊. (不同焗爐可能要不同時間. 請自行調節), 取出後將蛋糕連烤模從高處大約兩、三個手掌位跌下將困於蛋糕內的空氣震破避免蛋糕回縮, 倒扣放涼後可用小刀協助甩模. 用長刀將蛋糕邊切走後可將蛋糕平均切成小塊方便食用.
If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
EC Bakes 小意思 Facebook 專頁 www.facebook.com/ECBakes
Leave a Reply