Before decorating a cake, I would level off the domed top before slicing it into layers. Other times, I need only one of two cake layers while I bake a cake. Instead of snacking on the leftovers, why not turn them into homemade cookie crumbs? They work well just like any other crumbs made with digestive biscuits, Marie biscuits and Oreo cookies, only less expensive and without any additives!
在裝飾蛋糕前, EC會把蛋糕上突出的部份削走才切片. 有時焗起一大個蛋糕往往只需用一至兩小片, 這些剩餘的蛋糕頭頭尾尾, 除了把它們送進口裏吃, 還可以將它們加工成為低成本及零添加的餅碎. 用來代替平時的消化餅、瑪利餅、甚至 Oreo朱古力餅碎!
Cake Scrap Cookie Crumbs
- Any cake scraps 任何用剩的蛋糕頭頭尾屋
Here’s how 做法
- Preheat oven to 250ºF/120ºC.
- Break up your cake scraps into pieces and arrange them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet (the picture below shows a leftover chocolate chiffon cake layer when I made my mousse cake last time).
烤盤放入牛油紙, 將蛋糕撕成小塊排放在烤盤上. (EC用之前做慕士用剩的朱古力雪芳蛋糕片)
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cake pieces are all dried up. Let cool completely.
- Place pieces in a Ziploc bag and crumble them up with a rolling pin or a can. Alternately, use a food process if you have one. Smash them just like how you would normally do when you make cookie crumbs.
將蛋糕塊放入密實袋用麵棒或罐頭壓碎. 用食物處理器亦可, 用平時壓餅碎的方法便行了！
- Use them right away where the recipe asks for cookie crumbs! Store remaining cake crumbs in an airtight container or ziploc bag. Keep them in the freezer for a prolonged shelf life.
壓碎後便可當餅碎用了! 剩下的蛋糕碎可用密實袋或食物盒保存. 放在冰箱可存放更久
Source: The Cake Blog
If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post.
EC Bakes 小意思 Facebook 專頁 www.facebook.com/ECBakes